Position – Service Technician – Gujarat
Company – Vestas
Location – Rajkot, Gujarat, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Service Operations, Service IND, Planning & Resource Pool
Customer Service Department handles Post-sales Service Operations to meet the contractual obligations with customers.
- Attend to break down maintenance on-call; ensure WEG’s and related equipment are maintained in neat and technically acceptable conditions according to standard engineering practices
- Document the work is done indicating consumption of spares/ consumables, list further actions along with targeted completion dates
- Ensure self-safety & report any abnormalities to the site in charge
- Report abnormalities on OH lines and take corrective action in consultation with the SI, inform SI of any abnormalities noticed that cannot be fixed immediately
- Keep up to date with all operating/ maintenance manuals, checklists, service bulletins, etc. applicable to the WEG and associated equipment, carry out servicing activities as per the latest certified checklists, manuals, and service bulletins
- Ensure safety and care of all tools, tackles, measuring instruments, and spare parts in custody
- Comply with all HSE / ISO & all other statutory requirements
- Ensure site office and guest house are maintained in good condition monitor the performance of security personnel/operators, report non-compliances
- Assist in the sub-assembly of WEG components at the factory premises whenever required
- Diploma in Mechanical/electrical/electronic with 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in O&M
- Ability to read, comprehend and write English as well as the regional language
- Ability to effectively participate in all training courses
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction
- Effective follow-up & attention to detail
- Tracking and ensuring that work is done as per schedule
What We Offer
Vestas provides an open, respectful, and global culture, an attractive compensation package, and long-term career development. We care and respect all employees and will offer: On the job training, A ideal platform for professional and personal development, Bonus Program &, etc. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Your primary site location would be Gujarat.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 15th May’21.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.