Position – Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer – Mechanical/Value Engineering
Company – Xylem
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer – Mechanical/Value engineering at ITC Vadodara location.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Centre of Excellence Group at ITC – (Vadodara). As a member of the Value Engineering Team, he/she will work with engineers/managers globally on product development; value engineering, value analysis and other product development projects. The successful candidate will execute projects for the Global Engineering Center of Excellence that may include calculations, detailed analysis, reverse engineering, teardown & benchmarking and production of Pro-E/Creo models and drawings with co-ordination of engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the projects given by the Xylem global engineering centers. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively and correctly apply engineering concepts to re-design or optimize existing products with minimal assistance / guidance for cost reduction or performance improvement.
- Areas of expertise include product design, benchmarking, teardown analysis, VA/VE and reverse-engineering of product.
- Work with domestic and international manufacturing teams to implement DFA/DFM principles during development, creation, and/or implementation of assembly processes for new/upgrading products.
- Plan and facilitate design reviews and workshop; working within cross-functional teams.
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
- Appropriately and correctly apply Pro-E/Creo and advanced design/analysis tools.
- Motivate and mentor cross functional engineers
- Facilitate cross functional workshops and online sessions to onboard and align on projects
- Ensure proper prioritization of projects through Business Case Analysis and Feasibility studies
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering/
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in design development/VAVE Projects (Tools – Creo, Creo Simulate, Ansys)
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering
- 2-Year Master Degree in Mechanical engineering/Production Engineering
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in design development/VAVE Projects (Tools – Creo, Creo Simulate, Ansys)
- Key technical skills and knowledge.
- Proficiency in Creo a plus
- Project / Program Management skills a plus
- Value Engineering Certification (SAVE) a plus
- Costing analysis or design-to-cost experience a plus
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Effective communication in English is must.
- Ability to identifying material used, manufacturing process, etc.
- Knowledge of foundry, machining and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of international & industry standards.
- Knowledge and Ability to apply engineering concepts.
- Knows & uses the fundamental concepts, practices & procedures of particular field of specification.
- Microsoft office package – Excel and Powerpoint. – Experienced user.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment
- Teardown the product and moving small part/equipment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Opportunity to work with international people.
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Most of the work is related to design and engineering for new as well as old product.
- Opportunities may include travelling abroad for various job assignments.
- Opportunity to be a part of a new team and building up the function