Position – Assistant Manager – ETNEHS(Environment)
Company – L’Oreal
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Purpose of the Job
To guarantee the implementation, at the Pune Factory of L’Oréal India, of the EHS System of the Group. Propose the orientations, the objectives and the annual EHS program of the Site, observing the ethics rules and the EHS rules of the L’Oréal Group, as well as regulations.
- Responsible for the correct application of the EHS Management System, and of the Safety and Environment certifications of the site.
- Ensure appropriate decision making in all duties and expertise fields of the EHS and of the Facilities coordinators/supervisors.
- Ensure the protection and the sustainability of the site property and assets. Maintain secure environment for employees, buildings and assets by establishing security policies and procedures. Supervise the security guard force.
- Collect, analyze and communicate the EHS performance of the site, propose improvement action plans.
- Contribute to an exhaustive and accurate group EHS reporting.
- Maintain regular and transparent contacts with local authorities and ensure legal compliance for EHS related licenses
- Allow or prohibit the operation of installations, buildings or equipment on the site, according to the results of the risk analysis.
- Ensure the efficiency of EHS management system.
– Stop any site operations which are deemed to be too dangerous.- Contribute to Facility Construction and EHS Projects in terms of managerial, technical and operational aspects- Be a driver in the development of a strong EHS culture/mindset of all employees
Main activities of the job
- Implement L’OREAL Group’s rules and of legislation by checking compliance with rules and performing internal audits
- Maintenance of hazardous waste, Segregation, handling & its disposal.
- Monitoring proper functioning of Effluent Treatment Plant, daily analysis and parameters of water samples and Maintenance of data.
- Adhere to guidelines of Maharashtra Pollution Control Board and following company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handling queries from the authority and auditors.
- Conducting training regarding Effluent Treatment Plant, Data Integrity and Safety for new hires, team members, company employs and labours.
- Leading the team by effective work allocation to team members, review the same and present the update on process tracker.
- Present team’s progress in weekly and monthly managerial meetings.
- Plan and Organize all EHS meetings and working groups along with the Campus Head
- Co-ordinate with Organize EHS communication, training, and information (conduct specific SHE training sessions, the publication of safety flashes, travel safety presentations, etc.)
- Propose expense and investment budgets for EHS
- Collate and Prepare data for the various EHS indicators
- Prepare and analyze the site’s EHS management statistics and disseminate them to the line and staff Divisions
- ISO & OHSAS certification and compliance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Innovator and Self –motivated, self-confident and quick learner
- Ability to work with team as well as individual
- Open to learning and exploring new technology and domain
- Flexibility to work in all kinds of environments and shifts.
B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical/Electrical or Chemical) or BSc. /MSc. (Chemistry) with Diploma in Industrial Health & Safety and Environmental Management/ NEBOSH IGC certification.
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
Position reports to the Engineering and EHS Manager of the Factory