Position – Field Service Engineer, Pulp & Paper (India)
Company – Babcock & Wilcox
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Must be a recognized “self-starting” individual with a high degree of technical competence and knowledge in the design, process control, and operation & maintenance of Chemical Recovery and Power Boilers utilized within the pulp & paper industry. Must be willing to learn on a steep curve and apply skills quickly.
Experience with process recovery boilers, power boilers, and auxiliary equipment is a must. Specific experience with boiler makers such as Babcock & Wilcox, Valmet, Andritz, GE/Alstom, Mitsubishi, and Chinese OEMs is preferred. Should have extensive hands on experience in general field services, including knowledge with O&M, inspection, troubleshooting, start-up & commissioning activities and the ability to deal directly with Customers at all levels (Maintenance and operational personnel up to and including Plant Manager).
Must be willing to work throughout Asia and if needed on work sites outside home country of employment.
Field Engineering Service (Mid-Level / Level 3)
The qualified candidate will provide technical guidance and direction to Customer maintenance engineers, technicians, and operations personnel. Direct repairs on damaged components to ensure work meets industry Codes and B&W standards. Analyze inspection findings and assist in the development of solutions to correct boiler related deficiencies and improve operational reliability and efficiencies
Job Responsibilities include:
- Participates in Field Managed Contracts (FMC’s) including boiler inspections, condition assessment surveys, outage / shutdown support, and equipment upgrade commissioning and start-ups under the guidance from senior engineers and the District Engineer.
- On-site support activities include trouble shooting, technical presentations, on-the-job training, and after sales follow-ups
- Technical discussions and interactions with Customers, Vendors, and sublet Contractors.
- Prepares technical documents including mill visit, site service, inspection, and outage reports.
- Support Sales and Business Development activities (Plant Improvement Projects, Maintenance Contracts, Replacement Parts, Field Services, etc).
- Participates in proposal development.
Willingness and flexibility to travel. Expected to typically travel up to 80% and as high as 100% if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or similar Engineering Technology
- Familiarity with the Black Liquor Firing process and Recovery Boiler operations is preferred
- Experience with Recovery and Industrial boiler maintenance and outage programs – (5~10 years)
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Customer service oriented
- Proactive and independent working style
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Power Point, Word, Excel) and ability to learn company and specific computer applications
- Proficient in English (verbal & written)