Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Process Filtration (8-12 yr exp)
Company – SPX FLOW
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
This position will be based at Celeros Flow Technology Bangalore office and part of our Engineering Team. Celeros Flow Technology is a divestiture company of SPX Flow. The incumbent will be responsible for Project engineering / Rationalization / BOM / Technical Documentation / Technical calculations related to highly customized and high quality fabricated and cast filters/strainers. The incumbent will be based at our Bangalore office and will report to Static Equipment Design Manager.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on Project engineering, design, and development activities related to filters and strainers.
- Review customer specifications, analyze requirements, and propose engineered solutions.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective mechanical designs undertaking hand calculations using plant standard procedures, engineering knowledge, and experience.
- Perform related mechanical engineering calculations using pressure vessel codes like ASME VIII Div-1, PD5500, etc.
- Working with Design and Manufacturing Engineers, following the manufacturing and assembling process, employ problem-solving skills to resolve issues encountered.
- Creation of 3D models, assemblies, drawings, and BOM using Inventor/ Solidwork, AutoCAD, SAP, and Vault/ e-PDM.
- Creation of P&ID’s, GA’s, fabrication drawings, bills of material.
- Proper documentation of all works.
- Work independently or as a team member in the global engineering team.
- Interactions with global engineering teams.
- Liaise with the production plant during the build process.
- Engineering change management with internal departments.
- Design checks associated with ATEX, PED, and Machinery directive
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough working knowledge of filtration principles, filter element design, and strainer design.
- Working knowledge of associated codes for design of Pressure Vessels such as ASME and PD5500.
- Thorough knowledge of machine design, vibration, the strength of the material, metallurgy, and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of CAD Software (AutoCAD/Inventor), ERP systems (SAP), and FEA (Ansys).
- Knowledge of PVElite and NozzlePRO will be an added advantage.
- Ability to break the project into tasks, set milestones, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating thoughts and ideas.
Mandatory Education and Experience
- BE in Mechanical Engineering in regular full-time course from recognized institute and university in India.
- 8-12 years of working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in strainer/filters for liquid/gas applications in oil and gas industries.
- Good communication skill and worked with global manufacturing and engineering internal teams