Position – Engineer VAVE- Mechanical
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – VAVE Mechanical based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Lead multiple projects/programs related to value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives
- Work in a cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions required for project execution.
- Owns end to end mechanical product design and development (Sheet metal experience is preferred) including product conceptualization, testing of products, design validation.
- Develop and understand product requirements, perform conceptual design and complete system/component modelling to meet specific requirements.
- Design, validate and release systems, sub-systems and components independently. Creates CAD drawings- detailing, 3D models, Assemblies etc. Ensure release in PLM system per project plan.
- Develop test plans in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Create test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
- Understand project management process and tools required for planning, efforts estimation and other quality management processes as required for achieving the project deliverables
- Lead cost reduction projects from design to implementation; communicates expectations, plans, and requirements and coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects..
- Review reliability predictions and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications.
- Prepare Design proposals and documentation required to define & control products. Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
- Min 3-5 years experience in mechanical product cost out through VAVE.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in design and development of Mechanical products like sheet metal products (preffered), cast/machined products, plastic products and relevant product standards such as UL, IEC, etc.
- Experience must include hands on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts, protyping and validation
- Proven track record of successful product launches, realized cost out and intellectual property generation.
- Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits and establishing efficient/ergonomic methods of assembly, Design calculations.
- Should be proficient with GD&T, Six Sigma, DFMEA, DFMA, UL certification, VAVE understanding, Should costing, OnePart, Total cost Optimization, and Agile ProLaunch
- Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like CAD, Solid works, ERP system, SAP.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.