Position – Cost Engineering & Benchmarking
Company – Bosch Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global suppliers of technology and services, offering end-to-end engineering and technology solutions.
With over 18500+ associates, we are the largest software development center of Bosch, outside Germany, indicating we are the technology flagship of Bosch in India. We have a global footprint with a presence in the US, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region. We are ISO 9001:2000 certified (1999) and appraised at CMMI-L5 (2006). We have three state-of-the-art facilities in Bangalore and a second development center in Coimbatore.
- Competitor product study
- Product cost estimation – greenfield & Brownfield (SPA, D2C, Nego calculations, RPP, etc)
- Technical study i.e. manufacturing process, design features, materials, etc.
- Predicting assembly techniques and sequences
- Product comparison & documentation
- Supplier interactions, vendors discussions
- Knowledge of manufacturing & assembly process (Exposure to one core manufacturing process)
- Knowledge of tool design and manufacturing (Moulds, casting & press tool)
- Knowledge in GD&T, drawing reading capability
- Measurement techniques knowledge
- Product development process/cycle understanding
- Exposure to competitor tracking (Added advantage)
- Product cost structure understanding (Added advantage)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Presentation
- Good problem solving & analytical capabilities
- Identify & suggest process improvement ideas
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- B.E /B-Tech in Mechanical/ Production Engg. /Mechatronics or Diploma in Tool & Die making (Specialization in tooling)
- Experience: 2 to 5 years