Position – Planner
Company – CommScope
Location – Goa, IN
Activities that ensure the correct and smooth movement of the inventory within production floor and the yard, supporting manufacturing process to complete costumers orders more efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using corporate ERP system (SAP), create material inventory/purchasing plans, capacity plans, and shop-loading parameters based on customer forecasts, current sales, seasonal trends and information received from sales in order to reduce response time to Customer demands and increase market share.
- Maintain this forecast in response to the following situations:
- availability and lead-time of components
- market forces
- increased/reduced demand
- global corporate inventory policy
- weekly exception report
- Fine-tune resource requirements – materials, headcount, shifts, etc – to match expected demand, or to compensate for any known resource shortages
- Creates schedules for production areas (master production schedule) and suppliers (MRP call-off purchase orders), to match actual customer demand, ensuring that material and production resources are effectively used. Re-analysing and adjusting schedules as necessary to ensure the optimal flow of work in the production areas with consideration for customer needs, manufacturing capabilities, and material and manpower constraints.
- Identifies changes in capacity or material availability to sales. Elevates issues to management which negatively impacts the MPS, and hence availability to customer
- Responsible for applying best material availability dates to Sales Orders and Quotations by analysing the Bill of Material and Plant Capacity.
- Expedite supplier materials to meet master schedule needs, Liaising with Shipping Agents regarding imports of Air and Ocean Freight, providing VAT Deferment Authorisation, delivery schedules and requests.
- Liaise with counterparts at other client locations to establish global inventory strategies, reducing response time to customers who require high value/low usage components within a short lead times
- Release works orders from Master Production Schedule to various productions to ensure product availability in line with customer orders.
- Modify this schedule daily in response to the following changes
- customer demands/priorities
- material availability
- quality/engineering issues
- manpower availability
- drawing/engineering changes notes (ECN)
- Determine production priorities and communicate to production teams at daily meetings and ensure that these priorities are completed in order to achieve the customer request date.
- Also responsible for investigating any discrepancies, utilising ERP systems, around accuracy of inventory (raw, WIP, finished goods), shipments, returns, and invoices
- Provide local and corporate management with KPM (key performance metrics) around inventory holding (active and slow-moving), and capacity utilization, with recommendations to optimize same.
- Responsible for investigating possible alternative uses of excess and slow moving stock in order to reduce and eliminate this specific area of inventory and optimise usage of material.
RELATED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Preferably Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Engineering Graduates
Preferably looking for 3-8 Years of similar material/production experience in a high volume/mix manufacturing environment, ideally mechanical and knowledge of a modern ERP system SAP exp ( PP and MM), reports like MRP run.
Previous multinational company experience, ideally US – and prefferably having experience of working directly with vendors and planners at sister facilities to acquire parts to meet needs.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a modern ERP system – ideally SAP – including an excellent appreciation of MPS/MRP etc.
Abilities – Can demonstrate experience and skills in understanding and interacting with sales-team, suppliers, and production teams. Accurate, decisive, data-driven, multi-tasker, who delivers to personal commitments in a complex tight-schedule environment