Position – Engineer-Projects (Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we’re an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do―it is our legacy. Our core values―respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion―guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate with Project Application and Global Engineering teams to obtain sign off for non-standard or special applications as necessary
- Manage techno-commercial scope for Seal Support systems (Auxiliary Systems) internally through Fluid Control teams
- Conduct and Participate in Customer review meetings (EPC, OEM etc), including project kick-off meeting
- Provide investment case analysis and margin summary to Global Project Sales Managers from time to time
(Post order phase)
- Contract review and Order acknowledgement against purchase orders
- Release clear techno-commercial order handover to Engineering and Global operations
- Ensure efficient support on techno-commercial queries or conflicts arising through Project Delivery office during execution phase, where necessary.
- BE or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/IP)
- Typical Industrial background: Typically, 3 to 5 years of experience in various Process industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical industries etc., or in industries supplying equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Seals or associated auxiliary equipment’s to such process industries
- Typical Functional Experience: Experience in Selection, sizing, Bidding of Engineered to order products such as Mechanical Seals, Seal Support Systems or similar
- Good hands on experience in design, installation or maintenance of products like Mechanical seal or Seal support systems will be an added advantage
- Working experience in International environment and knowledge of foreign cultures will be advantageous
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.