Position – Layout Engineering
Company – General Electric
Location – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job Description Summary
This position requires strong analytical and technical skills of Switchyard Layout & its associated works. The engineer will work closely with the selected suppliers to engineer optimized solutions and. They will form an extension of the global project engineering project team, providing a critical interface to the HVDC system engineering & Valves disciplines and general assistance for any HVDC/FACTS or integration related issues. Participation in constructability reviews with the ITO engineers, civil engineers, construction engineers to understand key drivers leading to mitigations and cost optimization ready for bid submission.
- Gathering and understand technical inputs from other departments/functions
- Support and provide technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers
- Provide customer and supplier interface for key issues relating to the layout design and implementation.
- Produce 3D models using REVIT/CREO of the primary equipment arrangements to assist in the integration of all primary zones of the converter station.
- Produce key Earthing & Erection drawings and supporting documentation to assist site works and provide support during the installation
- Produce electro-mechanical specifications for connectors, conductors and insulators including the calculation of conductor sizing and terminal forces
- Manage and adhere to departmental and industry standards using company approved software and document management systems
- Provide support to ITO and R&D for optimization and standardization
- Provide support to project/operation team in resolving NCP and project closing
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4 to 8 years’ relevant experience
- Very good command in written and communication in English
- Knowledge of HVDC/FACTS / High Voltage substations will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Family creation in REVIT and familiarization with BIM (Building information modeling) will be an added advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Switchyard Layouts, BOMs, Civil guide drawings, SLDs, building layouts, Erection Key Diagram, Earthing Details, Lightning Layout etc.
- Knowledge of switchyard related electro-mechanical calculation such as terminal forces, conductor sizing, aeolian vibration etc.
- Understanding of civil requirement and interfaces
- Knowledge of CAD tool such as AutoCAD / Revit MEP/ Creo / E-Base etc.
- Basic Understanding of Electrical Components and cable schedule of switchyard
- Knowledge of Clamp & Connectors, hardware and Insulator
- Good working Knowledge of MS Office application such as MS Excel, MS Word etc.
- Strong communication skills, Team Player, Good work Ethics and sense of urgency
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes