Position – Engineer-CFD
Company – Xylem
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This position is part of an overall CFD Community of practice supporting our Sales support business. The role includes sales support, participation in intake system analysis and method development using Commercial CFD softwares. The candidate is required to have a solid understanding of fluid dynamics and CFD with the focus on multiphase flows and non-newtonian flows, have common Windows and Linux experience, have a pedagogical approach to reporting findings to non-specialists, be pragmatic about the time-quality-price balance and be serive-minded and well organized. This position assumes close collaboration with Sales support application Team, and with the international sales organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provides CFD services for sales support and application teams.
- Support application development for Intake system analysis and multphase flow products.
- Develop standard tools/methods to improve efficiency for CFD simulations of existing methodology and equipment within Xylem Sales support.
- Summarize and interpret results for distribution to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide technical reports to Xylem Sales support departments as defined.
- Participate in validatation activities for CFD simulations
- Follow strict task-oriented timelines and resource schedules in consultation with the CFD team.
- Performs other duties as identified by manager
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping and work rules and regulations
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Masters Degree in Fluid Dynamics and a related discipline of engineering (Aeronautical/Naval, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, etc.), and a profound understanding of some relevant field of fluid dynamics, preferably multiphase flow
- With 4-6 years of industrial experience of commercial or professional level CFD codes , post-processing tools and preferably 3D CAD tools.
- Solid understanding of Fluid Dynamics, with the focus on single-phase and multi-phase flows with and without mass transfer and reaction kinetics, as well as in non-newtonian fluid flow and mass transfer systems
- Profound understanding of CFD fundamentals, including discretization schemes, geometry and mesh representation, turbulence models, boundary conditions, trade-off between effort and result.
- Knowledge of Ansys CFX/Fluent, IcemCFD, Tecplot, Creo softwares and experience with scripting is preferred
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Ability work in team
- Fluid Dynamics
- Service-minded and sharing
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Goal oriented
- Customer oriented