GE Renewable Energy is Hiring | Method & Site Tooling Engineer |
Position – Methods & Site Tooling Engineer
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the C&C Methods, Tooling & Innovation Leader Asia, Methods Engineer is responsible for Preparation of Erection procedure, Method Statement & Inspection Sheets and the design of installation tools, machining, dismantling, handling & lifting tools applicable for installation activities as per the field quality work plan and contract requirement.
- EHS shall be of prime importance for the conceptualization of the process and design for the methods and tooling.
- To prepare project specific method statement taking in to account of site conditions and safety norms.
- To prepare project specific detailed method statements for each assembly and installation activities in line with best safe practices of work.
- To prepare project specific method statements for handling of materials including lifting methods, transportation and unloading etc.
- To prepare site control sheets and protocols as per project specific method statement, Field quality work plan and per Contract requirement.
- To participate in design reviews for the erection activities and incorporate the additional needs in method statements as per the requirement/outcome of the review meeting.
- To co-ordinate with C&C Expert and Lead Supervisor and take their concern in making site project specific method statements in line with engineering and EHS requirements.
- To participate in reviewing and consolidating site erection documents and archiving.
- To review and validate method statements furnished by erection contractor and turnkey vendors.
- Provide feedback to engineering for consideration and incorporating safety requirements during design.
- Analyze the technical information (technical specifications, scope of work, division of work)
- Responsible for the design of the site’s special tooling for site assembly in accordance with site planning and budget considering the EHS aspect.
- Plan the tooling design phase, follow up and coordination with the project team.
- Participate in design reviews of various projects and ensure design consistent with site installation methods.
- Optimization of the tooling design or the machine to improve and reduce site installation time.
- Prepare information and supervise the execution of technical drawings.
- Write reports and engineering documents, including test procedures, engineering notes, maintenance manuals.
- Provide technical support to the supply chain and participate in the technical support of the site teams.
- Validate the costing of procedure & tooling during the tendering phase with other members of the Construction & Commissioning team.
- Ensure methods established are user friendly and easy to implant, Understand and safest to Operate.
Qualifications / Requirements
- University degree in technical education in Mechanical / Electrical/ Industrial Engineering, with a minimum of 5 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- Writing and Speaking Good English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of EHS norms, Rules & Regulations for Material Handling and Lifting Equipment.
- Knowledge of welding and machining would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Must be prepared for pre-employment screening including, but not limited to, reference checks and background checks.
- Ready to travel to site from time to time in India or abroad.
- To be passionate about design and the field of hydropower.
- Knowledge of calculation methods related to material resistance, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding are assets for this work.
- Knowledge and Working Experience with AutoCAD and 3D drawing (NX).
- MS Word & Excel Intermediate knowledge.
- Familiar with Smartsheet.
- Proactive approach for safe & quality work.
- Time management
- Social and self-competence
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.