Position – Engineer Design
Company – Xylem
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Xylem, a leading global water and energy technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water and energy issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water and energy technologies improving the way water and energy are used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water and energy challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veterans, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Engineer – Mechanical Design at Vadodara India Technology Center
While based at the India Technology Centre in Vadadara, the candidate will work with our global engineering staff on new product development and sustaining engineering initiatives. These projects may include analytical calculations, concept development, design productization and the creation of supporting CAD models and specifications.
- Supporting new product development and/or sustaining engineering projects within the water and energy sectors. This includes participating in the development of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices from concept through production launch and support of existing product lines already in service through end of life. Product lines supported include metering (electric, gas, water), communication devices, infrastructure and lighting.
- Part and assembly level development using CAD design tools and methodologies such as Design for Manufacturing, tolerance analysis and digital iteration through simulation.
- Creation of designs that can withstand long term use in rugged environments and comply with required performance, regulatory and reliability requirements.
- Support of sustaining projects including cost down initiatives, alternate sourcing, field issue resolution, manufacturing support and ongoing product optimization.
- Help develop new technologies for use in future products.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to help grow our team’s tools and processes.
- Regularly engage with global team members via all modes of communication including virtual conferencing tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0 to 3 years experience in product development and/or sustaining engineering with the use of CAD tools
- English fluency in both written and verbal forms
- Able to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment to meet project schedule driven goals and timelines.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting ideas to others in group settings.
- Proactive with the desire to be adaptive to and tackle challenges, learn new concepts quickly and manage priorities within multiple projects.
- Able to lift loads of 20-25lbs. as it relates to the handling and testing of parts and products.
- Ability to travel globally to other company facilities, suppliers, production facilities and customer sites.
- Experience with engineering design tools such as CAD modeling software (Creo preferred), tolerance analysis and GD&T.
- Strong grasp of the technical fundamentals of Machine Design and Fluid Dynamics.
- Prior part design and fabrication experience with commodities such as injection molding, casting, machining, stampings and/or electro-mechanical components as applied to rugged environmental and submersible enclosures, utility metering and sensor based products.
- Exposure to low and high volume manufacturing.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams within and outside the engineering arena.
- Familiarity with industry standards for reliability and regulatory testing such as ANSI, NSF and the use of NRTLs.
- Working from Office.