Position – Engineer- Design (Pune)
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
To support the drawing office activity of wet seal for regional sales, India domestic requirements and the responsibility include seal selection, GA’s, proposal drawings, component drawings, design calculations and commissioning/site & operations support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of technical/project specifications from customer.
- Create detailed technical proposals for wet system.
- Ensure project is executed to company’s quality standards and customers’ expectations.
- Monitor & control project schedules and prepare project activity reports & required project documentation.
- Design & engineering of wet seal systems – closely working with the suppliers, operations, fabrication entities.
- Engineering includes preparation of PID, GA drawing, fabrications drawings and design calculations.
- Support includes commissioning, troubleshooting and training to customer.
- Maintain excellent service and build good rapport with the front-end team and stakeholders.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Engineering Degree in Mechanical/Equivalent with min. 3 years experience in Design.
- Knowledge on Mechanical Seal & support systems.
- Good product knowledge of John Crane products will be an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills and technical background.
- Target and results driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Customer service and business oriented
- Strong technical and manufacturing knowledge
- Hands on experience in Solid Edge 2D drafting and in 3D
- Should be able to Plan and prioritize work
- Confident and able to deal with very challenging situations in a calm and credible manner.
- Adaptable, flexible and appreciative of an array of cultures and customs.
- Should have good knowledge of Fits and tolerances- GD&T and have good manufacturing knowledge.
- Familiar with international standards like API, ISO, ASME, NACE, and other common industrial standards
Familiar with Shell DEP and other major End User standards are added advantage.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.