Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop innovative solutions for complex engineering projects through lean methodology and automation
- Designs, develops and implements the integration of manufacturing systems including SAP, MES, Team Center, SharePoint etc…
- Leads improvement projects to identify creative and innovative solutions through adequate root cause analysis to address operational issues including ergonomic/safety risks, quality concerns, efficiency and cost savings improvements, and process bottlenecks.
- This position requires experience and expertise in specific fields of manufacturing such as understanding of product design to combine with process expertise to provide for improved manufacturability of parts and major components.
- Implement engineering changes (ECN’s), process changes and capacity changes
- Works with cross functional team on routings and processing of components and workstations.
- Develops Standard Work for assembly processes
- Support the NPI process to ensure that manufacturing processes and documentation are processed on time for NPI build
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical/Production Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3 years overall experience with at least 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts including LEAN, 5S, line flow/balancing, etc
- Thorough knowledge and experience interpreting engineering specifications and drawings
- Experience in Tooling, Fabrication/machining, assembly manufacturing.
- Analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in utilizing manufacturing engineering tools/documents: PFMEA, SFMEA, Standard Work, Control Plan
- Experience with Team Center, Creo, Autocadd
- Experience with Print reading and GD&T
- Experience writing standard work procedures
- Experience with SAPRelocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.