Xylem is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – Xylem
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Full Job Description
- Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Can read and understand P&ID drawings.
- Familiar with different materials of pipes & pipe fittings
- Strong mechanical design of fabricated components of packaged system.
- Takes ownership of mechanical designs and provides support during tendering and project delivery stages.
- Preparation and modification of BOM and Part lists.
- Create engineering drawings, P&ID, layouts and schematic preparations utilizing 3D software.
- Create Technical submittals as per client requirement.
- Responsibilities include the preparation of preliminary, concept and for construction designs.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- (B.E (Mechanical) with 3 to 4 years’ experience in design drafting.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Creo, is must.
- Experience in working with ERP system for BOM creation and editing.
- An understanding of water & wastewater (Transport and Treatment) technologies and their application.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Excellent communication, Problem-solver, stakeholder relationship management and analytical & negotiation skills
- Ensures client specifications are met and design deliverables are issued in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently.
- Co-ordination between Inter-company & Intra-Company people for product development, execution and installation.
- Fluency in English language is must
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative and have demonstrated
- Able to travel on need basis