Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Full Job Description
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as R&D Engineer, reporting to R&D Team Lead for Electrification Business Area based in Hyderabad. In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.
- You will work on business priority projects of defined scope, apply concepts to issues of moderate to high complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
- Demonstrate good technical proficiency in own area of competence, working as a dependable team-member for R&D projects
- Perform a variety of technology or engineering assignments, viz design & development, quality, value engineering, part costing, demonstrating an ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to assure requirements are met; build strong relationships
- Communicate status and problems to project leaders and management
- Contribute towards documentation of technical design details & test results; participate in program reviews, and prepare invention disclosures where appropriate
- Undertake training and instructions where appropriate
- Ability to work in teams and achieve targets in a global environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; or higher
- Min.5 years of experience in R&D teams with exposure to product design & development, quality, value engineering, part costing etc.; experience in design / development of LV Circuit Breakers & Switchgear will be an added advantage
- Proficient in CAD Tools like Creo, Pro/ENGINEER etc. and simulation Tools like ANSYS etc.
- Good awareness of circuit breakers technology, applicable regulatory standards, and test requirements thereof
- Highly motivated team-player with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite