Position – Engineer Trainee – Manufacturing
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Make sure KPI targets are met on Daily, Weekly, Monthly and report.
- Implement Kaizen on the shop floor.
- React in case of a problem through QRQC.
- Drive improvement ideas generation and implementation.
- Managing line speed & ensuring the shift output simultaneously responsible for own productivity.
- Leading by example in terms of rigor and discipline.
- Plan the day before people allocation for the next day, plan also on a weekly basis.
- Training of operators inline with requirements of SIOP/MPS.
- Identifying the constraints in extracting the output & taking corrective measures.
- Ensure discipline and rigor (work wear, break times, working hours…).
- Ensure the adherence of safety instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper induction of new operators on the line (OJT).
- Deploy People as per skill matrix (Polyvalence).
- Ensure proper flow of information to and from the team (Top 5 communication).
Health, Safety and Environmental working condition:
- Responsible for immediate stopping of a line in case of safety risks.
- Ensure full adherence of HSE rules and regulations.
- Drive improvement of working conditions and ergonomic.
- Arrive before start of shift in order to ensure transfer of all information from the supervisor of previous shift.
- Participate with supervisory colleagues to improvement of performance.
- Participate in team meetings and report line performance, successes and issues as well as action initiated.
Qualification : Diploma in Mechanical/electrical/Mechatronics
Experience : 0 to 4 years
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.