Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Johnson Controls
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Mechanical Engineer I
Please share the resume who has the background experience in Valves, Pump , casting , with pro-e, some basic analysis skill.
What you will do
The Mechanical Engineer Performs product engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related mechanical engineering tasks.
The Mechanical Engineer analyzes existing product designs and Develop Product functional analysis and identifying areas of improvement; Develops product concepts and detailed designs, as directed; prototype generation and testing to international Standards; conducts detailed studies to support design decisions; maintains records of design process in accordance with sound design practice and ISO requirements, by performing the following duties directly, or through subordinates when so directed.
How you will do it
Includes the following; performs other duties as directed.
- Analyzes product and equipment specifications to support decisions on initial design direction.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical & Value improvements in products and services, and/or cost reductions.
- Keeps abreast of the company’s product offerings, within the area of involvement, to support decisions on initial design direction.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the company’s manufacturing operations, to understand the strengths and weaknesses of design concepts from the point of view of manufacturability within the company.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing and/or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of general industry and specific agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs.
- Preparation of Complex 3D & 2D design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications using CAD tool (Creo software).
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products.
- Plans, develops, conducts and oversees experimental test programs.
- Able to perform product functional analysis, Tolerance & Stackup analysis is must.
- Familiar with a variety of the Engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Develops and releases engineering changes, nonconformities.
- Supports Global Teams & Participate in Innovation/New Technology, NPD & Value Engineering Workshops and Project Activities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders and assist them, as appropriate, with issues or concerns to satisfactory resolution.
- Creative thinker, must be able to “think outside the box”.
- Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
What we look for
- Prior experience working with a multi-national company.
- Six Sigma training & Certification.
- Knowledge of FEA/CFD.
- Understanding of process methods and tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R, DOE, risk analysis.
- Ability for occasional travel.
- Proficiency of MSOffice, MS Project, PTC Creo and Windchill.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing.
- 4+ years’ overall experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in fire suppression product design and development.
- Must have expertise in using Creo, Creo-Simulation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have prior experience working with NPI/Value Engineering projects or cost based engineering experience.
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions