Position – Quality Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at:
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Key missions of the position:
- Manage incoming Quality of BOP and ensure no disruption online due to quality issues.
- Ensure that the Quality System is respected.
- Ensure the full deployment of group Quality strategy within the site.
- Incoming inspection and supplier reports verification of BOP parts.
- Report incoming, line quality and Customer quality issues to supplier & SQA team for containment action & RCA. Validate corrective and preventive actions with the SQA team/ suppliers.
- In case of any new development & alternate development, responsible for preparing IQP, layout inspection and conduct FAI.(Verify AOI, packing standard, etc as per check list)
- Maintain FAI approval status monitoring.
- Adhere QRQC methodology for incoming / line /0km quality issues and ensure 2-10-30days reactivity.
- Escalate to site Quality manager for any road block with the supplier regarding the incident problem solving activity or about part quality.
- Responsible to optimize inspection time & bottleneck. Introduce checking fixtures/ gauges & give on job training to concerned team members.
- Responsible to monitor and convert the regular parts in to green channel as per agreed plan.
- Responsible for conducting various quality training program for inspectors.
- Responsible to implement IMS(QMS,EMS,ISO45001) system requirements and Group procedures.
- Responsible to achieve allocated KPIs /KRAs and maintain monthly reports.
- Responsible to manage for 3rd party testing’s (Chemical, Mechanical, Rubber) from NABL lab.
- Responsible for red bin analysis & settle supplier quality issues.
- Responsible for Calibration and AMC for plant instruments, Gauges and Equipment’s.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities, which the company requires reasonably.
Education: B. Tech / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Professional Experience: minimum 3- 5 Years empierce in incoming / Process Quality (Automotive / Railways/ Engineering Industry)
Key Competences (Transversal/Professional):
- Quality tools: Proficient
- Quality system & standards: Proficient
- QRQC: Proficient
- SPS / 8D: Proficient
- Languages – English & Hindi
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.