Position – Product Definition Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Wabtec -Transportation is a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, marine, drilling, wind and mining industries. We provide freight & passenger locomotives, railway signaling and communications systems, information technology solutions, marine engines, motorized drive systems for mining trucks and drills, high quality replacement parts and value added services. With Revenue in excess of $8 billion, Wabtec -Transportation is headquartered in Pittsburg, PA, and employs approximately 27,000 employees worldwide.
Product Definition Engineering (PDE) team has openings for Engineer position for people who have passion to grow their career in Computer Aided Design (CAD). Person should have a good expertise in Product Design & Drafting using Uni-Graphics along with good understanding of ASME Y14.5 Standards
- Product Design & Drafting of Engine/locomotive/Propulsion components
- Manufacturable drawings creation as per ASME Y14.5 Standards
- Engineering Change Orders execution in Team Center Environment (TcE)
- Independently interact with Engg & Mfg personnel to get the required inputs
- Develop Engine domain knowledge on a continuous basis
- BE in Mechanical Engineering with a good academic record
- 2+ Years’ experience in Product Design & Drafting using Uni-graphics NX tool.
- Understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in creating Manufacturing drawings as per ASME Y14.5 Standards
-Knowledge of Mfg processes – Forging, Casting & Fabrication.
- Knowledge on design of Loco Engine components.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work on any projects.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience on conventional and non-conventional manufacturing
- “User level” Working Knowledge of Teamcenter is preferable
- Knowledge of CATIA CAD tool is preferred.
- Experience in Product manufacturing information (PMI) model base CAD design is preferred.
- Ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with suppliers
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.