Position – Lead Engineer-Mechanical Engineering
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Platform Engineer will play the key role of owning the technical responsibility of Locomotive Platform (Underframe) sub system development and ensure design complies with subsystem / System level requirements.
- Lead the Design and development of Platform subsystem components for locomotives following robust Engineering Process.
- Capture and consolidate all requirements, develop & finalize concepts with Trade-off analysis, identify technical risks and develop mitigation plans, coordinate the platform component interface work with Platform and other subsystems and ensure compliance with customer, regulatory and WABTEC specifications.
- Must lead design of locomotive platform components covering various types of projects like NPI, requisition, productivity, service productivity & reliability.
- Must lead projects by adhering to WABTEC processes and guide the cross functional teams to support assigned projects; meeting business standards and program / product requirements.
- Bachelors /Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years of design experience in areas of Heavy fabrication/ automotive / locomotive Engineering
- Deep technical understanding and capabilities in component design and ability to lead component design is a must.
- Must have exposure to structure design, weld strength calculation, analysis (FEA), validation and weld standards ( AWS, EN etc).
- Demonstrated interpersonal Skills to interface effectively with cross functional teams. Should be able to resolve inter sub-system issues through specific actions.
- Experience of guiding CAD team to develop 3-D models and packaging concepts.
- Experience of guiding analysis team in defining loads and boundary conditions for FEA.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes including fabrication, casting, forging and mechanical assembly procedures and strong working knowledge on various design codes and welding codes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Good understanding of rail standards such as AAR, EN, RGS, UIC, APTA, and Indian Railway standards etc.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.