Position – Associate Lead Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Mechanical Engineering group at WITEC, supports a multitude of business units across the globe and various projects/product lines, in the mechanical design, drawing generation and finite element (FE) calculation areas. As a key member of this group dealing with providing FE calculation solutions for business problems & new development, the job responsibilities are laid out as hereunder:
Key Result Areas:
- Should have sound knowledge in structural, fatigue, and vibration analysis with minimum 5 years of experience in analysis domain.
- Should be able to perform structural analysis of plastic, sheet metal, solid parts and rubber components.
- Translate actual problem to FEA model, interpret analysis results & select best solution
- Knowledge on Transient analysis is an added advantage
- Should have knowledge on EN standards for assessment of structures and welds.
- Should be able to clearly articulate the desired changes/enhancements and meshing techniques
- Support development of existing and new products
- Experience of using NX Nastran / Simcenter is required.
- Having experience in Abaqus, ANSYS, MSC Nastran or similar CAE software is an added advantage.
- Experience with some or all the following CAE analysis techniques is desirable: Static, Dynamics – Modal, Random, Harmonic, Transient, Buckling, Hyper elastic analysis, mechanisms analysis, stress analysis and design optimization of industrial parts.
- Should have a good understanding of global design standards
- Should have knowledge on Castings, sheet metal parts manufacturing, machined parts manufacturing etc
- Knowledge on Railway products working will be added advantage. Knowledge in another industrial domain desired
- Support strategic planning and deployment of additional CAE modelling processes to accelerate product development
- Experience in working with Global teams in a MNC type of set up
- Ability to work independently and meet schedule, cost and quality requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.