Position – Production Technician
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Manufacturing & Global Procurement, Converters & Controls, Converter Factory Oragadam
This position is a part of Converter Production
- Converter Production – SUB assembly and Main Assembly Line, Test, and packing.
- Produce according to Vestas requirements and priorities
- Meet deadlines
- Initiate suggestion for improvements
- Diploma / ITI – Mechanical / electrical / electronics
- Basic tool knowledge
- 3 – 10 years’ experience in industry
- High level and understanding of 5S
- Read, speak, and understand English
- Safe behavior in everything you do
- Basic IT competences
- Experience from assembly either SUB or Main modules or
- Experience in wire and cable mounting
- Carefully follow PWI – Production Work Instruction
- Experience in Kaizen events
- Seek and suggest improvements
What we Offer
We offer a great opportunity to join Vestas – worlds no. 1 in wind energy. Be a part of a completely new Indian Converter Factory and Converter Organisation in Oragadam,
Be a part of a “new journey” for Converter Factory India.
The work location is Chennai, India
The role is factory based @ Oragadam
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st Mar’21
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.