Position – Simulation Analysis Engineer: Structural Analysis
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Position DescriptionInside GTT (Group Truck Technology), Volvo has decided to strengthen its position in India by establishing a complete powertrain development entity for engine, transmission, and axle. If you want to be part of the birth of a completely new team with great challenges and opportunities in a dynamic Indian, Chinese, and Southeast Asian Truck market, this is the right opportunity for you. Our ambition is to develop drivelines for trucks in those markets aiming to satisfy our customers. We will also support our Global sites with engineering expertise. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
We are now looking for a:
Analysis & Simulation engineer – Powertrain
As a Simulation engineer, your key responsibilities are
- Perform calculation and simulation on powertrain components and systems.
- Guide and mentor less experienced people and supervise their technical deliveries.
- To define loads and boundary conditions for components/systems
- To be able to mesh components with the required quality.
- Virtually verify components/systems
- Optimize components/systems to reduce weight/cost.
- To provide input to the concept, component, and system selection.
- Support design teams with technical know-how.
- To Provide a link for information exchange with interface subsystems team, for example, cooling system & powertrain dynamics
- To be proactive in the global network between CAE groups within VPT to share knowledge and method development needs/progress.
- To write a technical report and provide results of FEA study for input in Technical requirements, knowledge management systems, methods guidelines,s and for technical solutions.
- To understand and apply new methods regarding calculation models, algorithms, simulation, and calculation software on projects
- Contribute to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as a theoretical expert
- Participate in FMEA activity
- Establish a network for information exchange between other departments and globally within VPT
- Establish correlation activities to verify the FEA models
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate or Post-graduate or equivalent education.
- 4-5 years of experience in Fatigue analysis, Vibration analysis, Static analysis. Preferably in the Powertrain domain.
- Software skill required: Ansys /Abaqus, ANSA
- Knowledge of optimization, python coding, and Matlab are preferable
- Good understanding of Powertrain technology, materials knowledge, awareness of powertrain parts and accessories.
- Strong commitment to delivering on time with consistent and strict adherence to quality.
- Be independent, pro-active, and continuously strive to improve.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks, and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.