Position – Finite Element Analysis Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job Title: FEA Engineer (Finite Element Analysis Engineer)
Overall purpose of the role:
This role is that of an individual contributor who will be responsible for the structural simulations of the train/components in compliance with Engineering QCD (Quality Cost Delivery) commitments. Along with execution, resources shall focus on managing deliveries of subcontractors.
Organization Reporting: Reports to the FEA Manager
Network & Links: Different functions and teams within Train Design Engineering
- Performs and delivers structural analysis, with respect to QCD commitments
- Defines, in the pre-Engineering phase, with the train body shell Engineer, the necessary structural calculations to be performed during project execution
- Prepares the 3D model for simulations, and executes it following standard metier processes
- Performs FEA analysis and proposes optimization solutions
- Acts as a key user in the structure analysis network: contributes to the definition and sustaining of structure simulation methodologies and tools
- Supports the Train Design Engineer in establishing Certification & Validation Plans
- Participates in relevant Design / Verification reviews and propose design solution based on
- ReX(Return of eXperience) from simulation
Knowledge & Experience:
- B Tech / M Tech Mechanical Engineering with approximately 5 to 10 years of work experience. Experience in the rail domain is preferable but not mandatory.
Team Size: NIL
- Very good communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Should demonstrate Agile, Inclusive & Responsible behavioral competencies
Technical competencies & experience:
- Structural, nonlinear, shock & vibration analysis skills are required
- Expertise in fatigue analysis
- Hyperworks & Optistruct experience is preferable, not mandatory
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Top Employer Certification
- In 2021, Alstom has been certified “Top Employer” in Europe, and for the first time in Asia Pacific and North America, with certifications in 14 countries*. Being certified as a Top Employer showcases an organisation’s dedication to a better world of work and exhibits this through excellent HR policies and people practices.
- *certified countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Hong-Kong China, France, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Singapore, Spain, UK, United States of America
- We are constantly looking for the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow. Visit our career website to search our job openings or to create an account in our candidate database.
- Technicians in the chain assembly of the traction trunk of the Regional Coradia Polyvalent train, Tarbes
Sharing the same culture around the world
- Alstom knows that employee empowerment is crucial to its success and continues to strengthen its culture by promoting diversity and entrepreneurial spirit with a fundamental commitment to integrity and high ethical business standards and practices.
- Alstom sets the highest standards on safety, embodied by a twofold commitment: win the trust of operators and passengers through reliable, effective solutions; and prevent occupational risks to offer its employees and contractors the best possible working conditions.
- We act quickly, anticipate, learn and adapt continuously
- We anticipate and adapt to changes in our environment, keeping our momentum and purpose.
- Taking advantage of learning opportunities, being empowered and effectively adjusting to our stakeholders to make us stay ahead of the competition.
- We embrace differences
- We design inclusive mobility solutions in a work environment and culture where all differences are embraced, respected, and leveraged without any bias.
- Everyone has the opportunity to contribute and achieve success in Alstom.
- We are a responsible company towards our employees, our customers and society
We keep our commitments.
- We act in a fair manner and take accountability for our behaviors and actions as well as the consequences of the decisions we make.
- We act responsibly when it comes to Ethics & Compliance and safety rules.