Position – Engineer – Ergonomics Features
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Within Volvo GTT Cab Development, we are looking for an Engineer– Ergonomics in CAB Ergonomics team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
CAB Ergonomics is a part of CAB DRIVING teamwithin CAB INTERIORS, responsible for Feature settings on Ergonomics and Driver Interface. CAB DRIVING team is also responsible for design and development of components such as Seats, Instrument panel, Door Panel, Steering Assembly, Pedal Assembly etc.
Within Cab Ergonomics team, we have sub-feature responsibilities for Visibility, Driver position, working comfort, Resting comfort and Entry-Exit. We are involved in competitor benchmarking and feature evaluation from pre-concept until production.
We are now looking for an Engineer- Ergonomics to take global responsibilities and participate in company-wide feature evaluation in order to align feature needs of all internal truck brands.
As an Engineer-Ergonomics, you will be involved in all engineering phases- from advanced engineering to concept generation, detailed development, and industrialization.
Other typical tasks include supporting global feature leaders in performing below listed activities:
- Virtual studies using multiple analysis tools.
- Competitor vehicle analysis, performing feature evaluations, and setting feature targets for various on-going projects across multiple brands.
- Responsible for physical evaluations on the built vehicles.
Your role will strengthen the Ergonomics team and contribute to Volvo GTT vision within this area.
Your role is cross functional- which means you will drive Ergonomics feature within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely cooperate with global cross functional teams within Volvo GTT.
You should be able to take full engineering responsibility, independently deliver the tasks in Ergonomics area.
- BE/B Tech/ME/M Tech in Mechanical Engineering with more than 4 years of experience.
- Should have worked in Physical Ergonomics (human factors) and driver interface systems.
- Solid experience in working with human builder tools such as Delmia & Ramsis.
- Should be able to identify and rectify ergonomic needs & problems virtually & physically.
- Should have good knowledge of homologation activities connected with Ergo and HMI area.
- Should have knowledge of ergonomics standards for different markets.
- Should be good in creating new methodology for ergonomic assessments.
- Proficient in operating CATIA V5, CAVA, Ramsis, Delmia.
- Working knowledge of Creo, VRed, Deltagen & IC.IDO
- Knowledge of basic vehicle architecture analysis.
- Exposure to AR/VR usage in HMI and Ergonomics domain.
- Should be good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing.
- Innovative and creative mindset to provide engineering solutions and concepts.
- Should be enthusiastic to learn and implement new software and technologies as per project requirements.
- PDM link knowledge is a merit.
- Knowledge in Volvo systems preferred
About the Company
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.