Position – Engineer – Cooling System Components
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Volvo Group Trucks Technology, VMEM – Thermal Management Sub-stream: Thermal Management Sys & HW – Bangalore group is looking for an energetic and skilled professional to work in the Cooling and Fan HW and its installation components domain. If you are looking for a diversified experience by working across different cultures and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers
THIS IS THE US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Thermal Management Sys & HW group in Bangalore is part of “Thermal Management Sub-stream”, Vehicle Technology. Our group consists of passionate, enthusiastic engineers & analysts responsible to design, simulate, develop and deliver product projects and advance-engineering topics in the area of Vehicle Thermal Management that consists of both Cab Climate and Vehicle Heat management of Volvo Group Trucks.
Thermal Management Sub Stream is a department within Vehicle Technology responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining an optimized cab climate and vehicle cooling & heating systems for all types of propulsion installations to all truck brands within the Volvo Group. We are responsible for leading the work with strategies and advanced engineering globally. We are located in Gothenburg and Bangalore and we have close cooperation with the engineering sites located in Greensboro and Lyon. We understand the final customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical concepts and solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. The work is based on innovation, shared technology, common architecture, and brand uniqueness.
Our main aim as part of the Thermal Management sub-stream at Volvo GTT is to develop a robust solution and ensure the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products.
We are now looking for an Engineer – Cooling & Fan, including its installation components to take global responsibilities and participate in company-wide Thermal Management evolution in order to align technology needs of all Volvo truck brands.
Being part of the Thermal Management Technology group gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology with opportunities to work in future technology product projects related to e-Mobility, Fuel cell, and automation.
As an Engineer, you will have opportunities to work on projects ranging from advanced engineering to start cost-level projects.
- Responsible to design and develop components related to the Cooling module, Fan, and its installation components for products responsible from the GTT BLR site
- Opportunities to take up Engineering task leader &/ Component owner role for some of Cooling components like Cooling package, e-Viscous Fan, Expansion tank, Recirculation shields, Bug net, ECU cooling, and cooling components…
- Opportunities to take extended responsibilities and support the other component owners in various knowledge management and advanced technology development work.
- As a component development engineer, you will interact with system architects and simulation analysts to contribute the component performance data and ensure to align the requirements set by system architects.
- Responsibility of QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in projects we deliver
- Lead both cross-functional team and supplier in the development of designed concepts
- Define/contribute to level 4 (component/system) time plan including the most important cross-functional milestones using APQP as the supporting process
- Take full engineering responsibility, expected to independently work or with a small team to deliver the tasks to secure the deliverables in the development of cooling system components
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality and readiness before release
- Accountable to manage design and development using our mandatory Q-Tools like D-FMEA, S-FMEA(contribute), Risk register, DFA(Manufacturing) & DFAM(After Market)
Your role will strengthen our Global Thermal Management Sub-Stream and contribute to Volvo GTT’s vision within this technology area.
Your role is cross-functional, which means you will work on projects within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely collaborate with global cross-functional teams.
Qualification and skills:
- BE /ME in Mechanical Engineering with 4 to 6 years of experience
- Good knowledge of the new product development life cycle and change management activities for product maintenance
- Hands-on experience of CREO tool to design components
- Strong in engineering fundamentals and analytical skills
- Knowledge to develop components with a clear time plan to design and verify through virtual and physical verifications
- Working experience in the development of components related to vehicle cooling system, preferably trucks
- Experience in Future Technologies (e-MOB, Fuel Cell), 1D Simulations and material selection is a Merit
- Knowledge in mechatronics is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Volvo GTT development process and tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of overall truck thermal management and especially Cooling system is a plus
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities
- Good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.