Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Sanmina Corporation
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Duties of Position:
- Producing cost-effective designs that meet customer requirements
- Applying Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques on both new and existing products to produce the optimal design and manufacturing solutions
- Providing specification analysis, component selection, and product structure organization
- Maintaining a professional, cooperative relationship with both the customer and internal disciplines in order to provide superior levels of technical service
- Activity management with intercompany resources and outside vendors in support of fabrication, assembly, and verification testing
- Supporting multidisciplinary project activities. Support prototype builds and engineering product verification to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Generate documentation including design specifications, custom part drawings, assembly drawings, engineering Bill of Materials, common feature drawings, and process flows.
- B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 4 – 6 years mechanical design and development experience; Minimum 3 years Solidworks experience is required.
- Solid experience designing injection molded parts, metal die-cast, and sheet-metal parts. Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary development team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- AGILE, Stress/Thermal/Vibration Analysis experience desired.
THE MANUFACTURER BEHIND THE BRAND
Sanmina designs manufacture and repairs some of the most complex and innovative optical, electronic, and mechanical products in the world. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina provides end-to-end design, manufacturing, and logistics solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, computing, and storage, medical, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor, multimedia, automotive and clean technology sectors.
Quick facts about Sanmina:
- Founded in Silicon Valley in 1980 as Sanmina
- Corporate Headquarters: San Jose, California
- Jure Sola is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Revenue of $6.96B for the fiscal year 2020
- Publicly traded under the NASDAQ ticker symbol: SANM
- Approximately 37,000 employees worldwide
- Global operations in 21 countries on six continents
- Fortune 500 Company
Our Quality Policy: Sanmina is focused on delivering excellence in performance, flexibility, and technology that exceeds customer expectations for quality, delivery, and service. Sanmina is committed to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of our Quality Management System.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to adhering to our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment in improving the lives of the people we employ and the health of our communities. We carry out this mission through the work of each and every one of our employees, through our diversity and inclusion initiatives, and by implementing environmentally responsible business practices. We strive to exceed customer expectations in quality, delivery, and service as we build long-term relationships based on exceptional customer satisfaction. Because what we make, makes a difference.
Employees – Sanmina’s success is a direct result of our diverse and highly-skilled workforce.
Consumer Medical Devices – CAREER GROWTH AT SANMINA
Ernesto Hernandez Leyva has been a loyal Sanmina employee for the last 25 years. He began his career as a security guard at the Sanmina Guadalajara facility and later worked as a company driver for five years. As a result of his hard work and dedication, Ernesto has since been promoted to an Engineering Position in the Regional Environmental Health and Safety Department employee. As Ernesto says, “I am pleased that my work is focused on the safety and health of people, in addition to caring for the environment.”
Ultrasound – PROMOTING HEALTH
Sanmina’s goal is to help employees live healthy and balanced lives. To help our employees achieve this goal, we offer free seminars on nutrition and healthy eating and sponsor Intramural Sports Teams. Sanmina also sponsors numerous events each year, all over the world, that help promote the health of our employees as well as other members of the community.
Patient Monitoring – SANMINA UNIVERSITY
Sanmina University is a professional development program for employees who seek to advance their careers through skills-based training. For the last 8 years, the program has offered courses and workshops in areas such as product and process engineering, program management, supply chain management, test engineering, quality, human resources, equipment engineering, and production control. Sanmina University also offers skills training to help employees improve problem-solving, business communication, teamwork, and leadership. In 2007, 2008, and 2010, Sanmina University obtained the Jalisco Government “Excellence in Training” recognition award.
Blood Diagnostics – ENCOURAGING INCLUSIVE HIRING PRACTICES
In March 2015, both Sanmina Tatabanya facilities won the Disability-Friendly Workplace Recognition Award, which highlights our commitment to inclusive hiring practices. “Winning this award demonstrates our effort to pay particular attention to equal opportunity for our employees,” says Karoly Hoffman, Sanmina Tatabanya Vice President, and General Manager. The facility implemented an equal-opportunity hiring campaign to encourage applications from people living with a disability. Each Tatabanya facility also contains special workstations to accommodate staff with a disability. The award is given out once a year by the Ministry of Human Resources, the American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary, the Szövetség a Kiválóságért Non-Profit, and the Hungarian-based, Salval Vita Foundation.
Sanmina’s success is a direct result of our diverse and highly-skilled workforce. Enterprising and results-driven, Sanmina employees thrive on delivering exceptional services to the world’s leading technology companies. We create a positive, safe and healthy work environment that helps employees achieve their personal and professional goals. Many Sanmina employees have achieved substantial career advancement at Sanmina. Sanmina rewards creative approaches that solve complex problems. We welcome new ideas. With the right performance and initiative, employees have real opportunities for professional growth at Sanmina.