Position – Product Engineer
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers, or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
What your background should look like:
As a product engineer, you will be part of DND’s global engineering excellence and Project Management Office (PMO), you will also be the team member to drive the success of the TE DPM(Digital part management) program.
DPM is a global program and EBOM (Engineering Bill of Material) is a critical part of achieving TE’s part-centric digital goal. Following TE’s standard working instruction, you will be responsible for ensuring legacy EBOMs are accurately converted, reviewed, and approved in the engineering system, resolving EBOM roadblocks, tracking EBOM progress, supporting engineering change (ECR and ECN). Meanwhile, you will be expected to grow as expertise in engineering digital systems to support sustaining the engineering team.
- Review legacy EBOM to ensure EBOM structure and child parts/materials are accurate and align with drawing/MBOM.
- Approve legacy EBOM in BOM navigator to ensure DND’s goal of legacy EBOM completion
- Convert legacy EBOM in BOM navigator as the fundamental requirement and step out for urgent case
- Work closely and positively with the Share service team and compliance team for urgent legacy EBOM cases.
- Resolve Legacy EBOM roadblocks includes but not limited to EBOM only material application in CPR, 3D model solution for plating area.
- Communicate and push response from the engineering team to move forward with a resolution.
- Monitor and report legacy EBOM progress, capacity vs actual performance
- Supporting engineering change (ECR and ECN in ECLINK) for development and sustaining engineering team.
- Bachelor or Diploma in Engineering. (Preferably Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics)
- 2 to 4 Years of hands-on experience in Engineering Bill of Material
- 2D/3D drawing literacy, basic 3D modeling competency- Creo, AutoCAD, Pro-E
- MS office, excel, PowerPoint
- Previous design experience is a plus
- Previous Project management experience is a plus
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- Good communication, presentation skills
- Potentials to move on as sustaining engineering role
Competencies – Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.