Position – Officer/ Sr. Officer – Technical Purchasing
Company – Ferrero
Location – Baramati, Maharashtra, IN
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno®, and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers, and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them. Diversity StatementFerrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative, and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Assuring the purchasing of technical materials and services, providing the best conditions in terms of price, quality, delivery, and sustainability in accordance with centrally defined guidelines. Assuring request for proposal issuance and purchasing request management.
- Provides support with the technical team in the annual budget elaboration and definition process, assuring the correctness of figures related to purchases under his/her competence, in order to perform activities timely, maximizing quality and service level, as well as optimizing costs.
- Participate in defining the purchasing policy for sustainable development and responsible purchasing.
- Participate in the definition of the sourcing strategy: identification, qualification of new suppliers & Risk management.
- Assures a proper analysis, evaluation, and negotiation of offers received in order to meet technical needs, by optimizing global costs, within given quality/quantity and timing requirements.
- Given the Purchasing Orders received, looks for Request for Proposals from vendors, proposing qualified and suitable alternatives; examines, aligns and evaluates offers received (together with technicians), in order to select the best available alternatives, to meet project-related deadlines, assuring the maintenance of the best quality level.
- Cooperates with the legal office to define and accept confidentiality agreements referred to plants and machinery’ strategic suppliers.
- Proposes develops and supervises projects to reduce industrial provisions costs and improve service level towards technical and production unit.
- Looks for and identifies alternative suppliers upon technological market drivers, cooperates to the built-up technical partnership to innovate Ferrero processes and products. Follows and implements a technological open-source policy, in order to maintain and develop the best possible technological vendor list, at the international level.
- Monitors suppliers under a commercial, logistics, and productive perspective, in order to ensure the reliability of provisions and services, a proper quality level (service, technological evolution, etc.), respecting timing constrain,s and minimizing cost
Who we are looking for:
- BE in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience working incomparable environment required.
- Good knowledge of Food manufacturing production process, technology, and its equipment.
- Good in Vendor Management.
- Legal knowledge in the drafting of documents such as orders, contracts, commercial law.
- Mastery of the SAP purchasing module, Negotiation techniques, Communication techniques, and Project management.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality, and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product-centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.