Position – Executive – Manufacturing
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling, and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering, and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, and YouTube.
Position: Engineer – Manufacturing Engineering
Reporting to: DGM – Production Engineering
- Develops and/or transitions new and/or improved processes to manufacturing, which includes the preparation of procedures and other manufacturing documentation. Provides on-site assistance for Trouble-shooting, Quality improvements, Capability issues, Productivity improvement, and Capital purchases.
- Drives Process Improvements, Capital Installation, and New Process Introductions. Activities will include Developing plans and Budgets, Team selection, assigning activities, conducting progress reviews, launching corrective actions, assuring all EHS guidelines and requirements are met, and reporting progress to Plant Management.
- Works with Purchasing and outside Vendors to obtain necessary Capital Equipment. Develops the preparation of functional specifications and evaluates alternatives (attending tool shows, seminars, and various training sessions is required to keep up with state-of-the-art developments).
- Coordinate with Global Teams to implement the Process changes
- Product transfers – work in Identifying, Planning, and Implementing Product transfers; deploy PPAP
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engg OR Mechanical Engg) having minimum of 2-3 years in Engineering industry preferably in manufacturing / Cutting Tool industry.
- Should have hands-on experience in shop floor manufacturing concepts and implantation of projects in the shop floor
- Should know about the Lean concepts like Six Sigma, FMEA, RCA, 5S, Kaizen, etc.,
- Exposure in designing the Plant Layouts, ability to decide Capital equipment based on the process flow.
- Actively initiate Cross-functional Co-operation and Communication and maintain strong communication with all departments
- Knowledge of ISO Systems / TS 16949 / ISO 14001 preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with and establish rapport and trust at all levels
- Experience in working at fast-moving, technical business environment
- Every day customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering, and transportation, count on Kennametal innovation to help them build the world around us. Our global team of nearly 9,000 people is at the forefront of solving our customers’ biggest challenges on the shop floor, at the mine face, or on the runway in more than 60 countries around the world.
- Through the skill and innovation of our people, we deliver industry-leading tools and technologies that solve customer challenges and enable exceptional performance.
- Our mission is all about performance for our customers. Our tools and wear-resistant solutions enable customers to run longer, cut faster, and machine with greater precision. We aren’t setting the performance standard for our industry…we’re resetting it even higher.
- Transform how everyday life is built.
- Our customers build things that touch our everyday lives. They make products that enable people to drive, fly, power and build…and their products are made possible by Kennametal innovation. By continuously transforming ourselves, our products, and our solutions, we are helping our customers to transform everyday life.
- Safety. Respect. Integrity. Accountability.
- These are the values and guiding principles that we live by every day.
- It’s safety first, always and everywhere.
- We exemplify respect for every person – no exceptions.
- We have integrity in all that we say and do.
- We’re accountable to each other, our customers, shareholders, environment, and community