Position – Tooling Engineer, Consultant
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Engineering Business Service Centre -> COO Engineer Services -> COO Tooling & EAM
Tooling Design is part of the COO Engineering services department. This department has expertise in Engineering data analysis, Technical documentation, Product/ Process Quality control, Business Process, Tooling design, Test systems, Enterprise Asset Management, ERP solutions, and Project management, would support Vestas global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation, cost control, and E2E Project Management. The tooling design team is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes, and tools for the Manufacturing & Production of wind turbine components/assembly. We impose creative solutions and encourage continuous improvement culture to make Vestas’s vision come true. This role is part of the COO Tooling & EAM team
- Responsible for understanding and documenting Design requirements, verification, and validation
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation such as 3D CAD, 2D drawings adherence to relevant legislation
- Responsible for project execution through SAP/ERP/ECM systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or allied
- 3-5 years of experience in Tool design and /or product engineering manufacturing is required
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Knowledge of design of mechanical components using both methodical and FE analysis and applicable standards
- Skilled in the creation of drawings and ensuring correctness of models using Creo & PDMLink
- Understanding of change management
- Creating design documentation
The work location is in Chennai, India
This is a contractual role under 3rd party payroll
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 07th Dec’2020
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.