Position – Senior Design Engineer
Company – BD
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Sr. Design Engineer will assist the design and engineering solutions for high-volume medical device products. (S)he, under the mentorship of a lead or senior engineer, will deliver relevant solutions to new and existing products through design calculations, risk-retirement using first principles engineering, technical analyses/FMEA, and verification of the design. The Design Engineer will learn and utilize BD’s stage-gate Global Product Development System and use DFM/DFSS and relevant engineering tools to deliver a high quality, robust and cost-effective design and will partner cross-functionally to execute all aspects of the product development. They will also ensure successful design-transfer in manufacturing.
- Participate in design efforts over the continuum of product development and/ or life cycle management/ Sustenance engineering.
- Coordinate with the cross-functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing Technology, Operations, etc.) to deliver the design solutions.
- Develop technical design documentation, draft engineering plans, drawings, 3D models as needed.
- Own the design deliverables of the project assigned.
- Develop and verify test methods and prototypes.
- Optimize product design, material selection, product features, process design, and human-factor needs based on the project needs.
- Analyze the design and utilize robust engineering principles to ensure that the design is optimized to satisfy product and business requirements.
- Should be able to work on drawings, modeling using CAD packages.
- Ensure the design considerations are embedding all applicable DFX (Design for Excellence) aspects including manufacturability, serviceability, reliability, and safety.
- Create solutions for technical problems using systematic problem-solving methodologies and engineering principles such as DFSS.
- A full-time degree in a relevant engineering field is required (i.e. Mechanical, Industrial & Production, Chemical, Materials Engineering)
- Demonstrated first principles of engineering and design skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting product development/ sustenance engineering projects
- Exposure to six sigma and lean methodologies would be an advantage. Candidates with prior experience in Medical Devices will be preferred.
- Exposure to CAD/CAE tools (Solid Works, AUTOCAD, PRO-E, etc) specializing in mold flow, structural designs, CFD, and plastics domain is desired.
- Experience with implementing product changes through a structured, phase-gated, product development process is desired. A good understanding of medical device product development risk management methodologies (EURA, FMEA, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and present large amounts of data in a clear and concise manner.
- Disciplined, detailed, and well organized with managing documentation in a regulated environment.
- Ability to execute concurrently multiple projects and manage priorities.
- The ability to work independently with a global exposure is desired.
Note: Generic JD is used