Position – SQD Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and the main motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center -> GP, Projects & Digitalization -> ECM Purchasing & SQD
ECM Purchasing & SQD department is a part of Global procurement automation and ECM Services which offshores & supports global procurement & the Global SQD team on the operational activities.
- Accountable for Supplier qualification and readiness
- Accountable for Supplier QHSE performance and related CoPQ
- Responsible for supplier performance according to following dimensions: Safety (TRIR); Quality (PPM); CoPQ;
- Responsible for On-time component qualification(PPAP)
- Responsible for Supplier Readiness:
- Supplier selection and new Supplier Introduction.
- Support Supplier qualification audits/assessment report analysis upon Supervise SQD.
- Responsible for New Projects – APQP/PPAP Implement :
- Implement Medium and Low-risk PPAP items and maintain documentation
- Coordinate with suppliers for PPAP documentation
- Ensure that PPAP documentation is done and closed on time in QDA
- Risk management:
- Support Important SQDs on Urgent NCs handling.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the PPAP master planner to enable reporting of PPAP status
- Performance Management
- Self-Assessment finished according to the plan. PPAP on-time closing rate -100%
- Escalate the cases in case of delays and potential risks – No QBD case
- Share monthly activities report
- Matrix Responsibilities:
- Region Axis – All operational and administrative tasks
- Function Axis – PPAP documentation
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Overall 3-5 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience with APQP, PPAP, SQIP, and Supplier Development and for instance from automotive/wind industrial or similar
- Fluent in English. (Oral & Written)
- Should have worked with global vendors and stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint for reporting day-to-day developments/ reporting.
What We Offer
We offer you an exciting job with creative professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical and commercial commitment. You will get an interesting opportunity to influence the building of complex projects and your position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
The work location is Chennai, India
The role will have a minimum of 5% travel
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st May’21
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.