Position – Proposal Engineer – Sedimentation Products
Company – FLSmidth Inc.
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Minerals Engineering from a reputed University.
2 to 5 years of experience in handling liquid-solid separation equipment in Minerals industries mainly Sedimentation products – Thickeners, Clarifiers, Cari-flocculation, Sedimentation Drives or equivalent.
- Preparation of detailed technical Proposal documents for both domestic & global offices.
- Application knowledge for various minerals application.
- Equipment sizing for various minerals application.
- Preparation of standard templates and bill of material of products on a need basis.
- Tender document review & deviations.
- Knowledge of costing/estimation will be added advantage
- Attend technical meetings with customers (as & when required).
- Travel to client place for technical discussions on need basis.
- Plan & coordinate for technical inputs with the Sales team to meet the proposal schedules (both global & domestic assignments).
- Closely work with Engineering, Purchase, Project, and Estimation teams to meet common intended objective to complete the task.
- Travel to global offices at a short notice period on deputation or project requirements.
- Exposure to Lab test work of Minerals samples is an added advantage.
Required skill set:-
- Product knowledge of Separation products as above.
- Ability to interpret the test report & size the equipment.
- Should have basic knowledge of proposal flow process for both domestic & global environment including equipment sizing, bill of material, proposal documentation, etc.
- The relevant experience in similar products with exposure to the international working environment and handled international/domestic projects is preferred.
- Knowledge of International Codes & Standards
- Good communication skills and attitude.
- Coordination with internal and global teams.
- Independent thinking with a structured approach to tasks.
- Team Work and Motivation.
- Quality Focus and on-time delivery of documents to meet the schedule.
- Ability to read the product engineering drawings.