Position – Patent Engineer
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Ability to Conduct various prior art searches (Landscape Studies, Competitor Watch, Patentability, Freedom to Operate, Patent Invalidation) in specialized as well as in freely available databases. Competent to read large amounts of patent and literature data, capable of preparing suitable reports to communicate the complicated technologies to the respective divisions of the Vacuum Technique and Industrial Technique Business Areas.
- Understand inventions and conduct patentability search and analysis.
- Conduct various prior art searches (Landscape Search and Analysis, Freedom-to-Operate, Patent validity/invalidity Search) using Freely available and specialized patent and literature databases.
- Competent to read large amounts of patent and literature data and communicate required technical information in an understandable format to divisions of the Vacuum Technique and Industrial Technique Business Area.
- Capable of conducting patent landscape search and analysis, identifying the trend of the competitors and/or emerging technologies.
- Ability to work in a team and strong motivation towards Intellectual Property.
- The candidate should be having a strong report and technical writing skills. He/she should be a good communicator and should be able to handle overseas clients.
- Ability to conduct regular IP awareness training to divisions of the Vacuum Technique and Industrial Technique Business Area.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical field from a recognized university with experience in Intellectual Property.
- 3-4 years of experience working in-house or with law firms on Intellectual Property-related matters, including searching, analytics, intelligence, strategic reports, training, and collaborating with clients and suppliers.
- Knowledge of tools or databases that can be used to improve the effectiveness and delivery of the information products.
Are we a good fit?
- 3-4 years of experience working in-house or with law firms on Intellectual Property-related matters, Including searching, analytics, intelligence, strategic reports.
- Knowledge of tools or databases to help in patent data collection.
- Patent drafting experience is a plus.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools, and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us, you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.