Position – Quality Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Aerodynamic & Mechanical – Blades Module – Blades Quality
Describe the Department
VPS Blade Quality – A new department set up to secure and direct blade quality. The department works within design engineering, utilizing quality tools and expertise to enable appropriate design choices to secure design right first time.
Work on and improve cost of poor-quality initiatives and projects to improve quality and reduce cost across the value encompassing full blade lifecycle i.e design, on-going production and during turbine operation
Improve quality culture and design right first-time approach
Execution of quality related activities via utilization of DMAIC
- Engineering degree, ideally mechanical, composite or quality
- Minimum Professional experience: 2-3 years.
- Wind turbine blade experience is good to have
* We see the ideal candidate possessing the following competencies and personality:
- Wind turbine blade experience is good to have but not essential if the applicant has a high aptitude for knowledge and capacity to lean
- Problem solving
- Data analysis
- Six Sigma certification is good to have
- Engineering change management
- CAD Catia/ Creo
- Finite element analysis is good to have
- Focused and execution focused
- Able to direct, motivate and guide a small engineering team
- Highly effective communicator
- Networking skillsHigh aptitude for knowledge and capacity to learn
- Safety focus
What we offer
We offer you a exciting job with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at a global manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a good technical and commercial commitment. You will get a creative opportunity to influence building of complex projects and your position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
Your work location will be in Chennai, India
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 19th March 2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.