Position – Lead Mechanical Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Lead Mechanical Engineerin Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Enrich R D E: Build RDE portfolio for Products team and bring more ownership & Maturity
- R&D: Lead Products NPI and NTI projects
- R: Build an Pipeline of Ideas and Proposal for Digitalization & Electrifications
- E: Advanced PLS to resolve Product issue / rejections, Cost out thought Benchmarking , Should cost , Resourcing etc.
- Technical capability roadmap for Products Team
- Leverage / Establish Capability to Leverage Local Eco System for Faster Execution and Digitalization for PDD Products
- Leverage Local Eco system for using test lab for testing and Validation
- IOT, Digitalization for PDD products by synerging between various expertise
- Demonstrates capability in end to end design & development of low voltage air circuit breaker product line as per marketing requirements
- Completed system/ sub-system component sizing, modeling and simulation to meet customer requirements and IEEE standards, especially in magnetic actuator, tank and mechanism design.
- Research, review, and implement best-practices, new and emerging technologies, and design patterns to new and existing development.
- Maintain and enhance technical proficiency in mechanical engineering related development environments, processes, and tools.
- Coordinate and collaborate with product owners and systems, Design, CDP&T, Reliability, Marketing, and manufacturing development teams to produce engineering designs and specifications for new features and enhancements.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risks as they arise during development.
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of the team in all aspects of GD&T & mechanical engineering.
- Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
- Think creatively and come out with new proposals and present them to stakeholders.
- Develop design guidelines, best practices and lessons learnt documents and shares with peers and team.
- Actively participates in paper presentations, tech talks and external university forums.
- Estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases.
- Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion and mentoring.
- Active communication with the cross functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignment
- Gets hands-on laboratory experience. Owns development of test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, etc. in accordance with applicable product standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
- Builds awareness about learning industry standards like UL, IEC, CCC, etc. while leveraging our internal codes and standards team to ensure product compliance.
- Performs other duties as required to achieve departmental and division objectives. This may include flexing to other product line teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Mechanical
- Experience – 8 to 12 years
- Minimum of 8+ of experience in Circuit Breakers or equivalent electromechanical product lines.
- Experience leading a team through all stages of the product development cycle
- Experience in short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards
- Hands on experience in product development leveraging DfX methodology
- Engineering technical expertise to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Proficient in Inventor and 3D modelling
- Knowledge in Agile ProLaunch and PreLaunch processes
- Experience in product costing and analyzing cost break-up due to various manufacturing processes/ design features
- Experience in test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation
- Sound technical knowledge in Electrical products LV Circuit breakers,
- Thorough understanding of IEEE standards, UL certification, 3D modelling in inventor & SAP knowledge,
- Extensive experience with product design, cost out, agile methodologies
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time