Position – Loads Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Product Market Strategy&TechSales > Global Siting > Specialist Support
We are a versatile organization that primarily focuses on providing specialized support to the Siting organization to provide special support on Load assessment, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Hybrid projects. We are a 11-member team with high level of motivation and enthusiasm towards our work. We are in a journey towards growing as a functional relevant skills and are looking forward for the right people to assist us achieve our goals.
- Performing the Loads assessment/ mitigation strategies to support sales by providing site specific design assessments
- Providing the site-specific power curve simulations
- Preparing the power curve documents to the sales
- Responsible to implement projects in alignment with TL/STL/FL
- Contribute to process improvements with innovative solutions
- Propel engineering solutions & be pragmatic and quality conscious
- Solid focus on the task and to quality & collaborate well with colleagues and stakeholders
- Should have open mind to learn & build your competencies
- Master’s / Bachelor’s in Mechanical / Aero-structural / similar engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in load assessment
- Programming experience in Delphi/ MATLAB / Python
- Implementing the projects as per guidelines & processes from a load and control perspective
- Experience on loads evaluation for turbines designed for site specific climatic conditions
- Experience with the tools Flex5, Bladed or HAWC2 (aero-elastic simulations)
- Solid competencies within innovative simulations of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of turbine design standards IEC, DIBT etc
- Knowledge of control of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of wind turbine component proficiency calculations
What We Offer
Do you want to have an important part in shaping the wind turbines of tomorrow and the processes related to this? Do you have the right mindset and relevant experience? If yes, here is the ideal opportunity for you! Come and join our mission as Engineer – Loads in one of the key areas of Global siting. we offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, motivated and international work environment. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will have good opportunities to build your career in Vestas, when demonstrating aspiration, capacity and potential.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th October 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.