Position – Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology, in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center GP, Automation & ECM Services, ECM Purchasing & SQD ECM Purchasing is a part of Global procurement automation and ECM services support global procurement operational activities.
- Read, Interpret & classify released engineering changes.
- Responsible for the physical implementation of ECO’s Suppliers/Factories globally.
- Technical support to Suppliers / Factories on change implementation.
- Responsible to validate new design manufacturability with supplier & enrich purchase info record.
- RFQ – secure that missing master data is enriched ( Info records, source lists, and quota arrangements) within agreed SLA.
- B.E Mechanical Engineer with 3 years of experience
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate Engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Exposure in handling production documentation.
- Experience with selection, qualification, negotiation, and contracting with suppliers
- Hands-on experience in using ERP systems, for instance, SAP.
- Fluent in English. (Oral & Written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint for reporting day to day developments/ reporting.
- Ability to plan & organize work – also in a time-sensitive setting.
What We Offer
An exciting work environment with exposure to Multinational Work Culture and Technical Knowledge.
Your primary workplace will be Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 10th January’2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.