Position – Quality Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies.
Large Motors and Generators is a global technology leader in reliable high efficient Motors and Generators. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Quality Engineer role, reporting to the Quality Manager located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for supporting the definition and implementation of actions to improve safety, operating efficiency, quality, and productivity in the value chain, to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment within the local business.
- Promoting and supporting the deployment of the local Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) strategy to accelerate the rate of operational improvement, with resulting cost savings within the operation.
- Establishing and implementing Q&OpEx priorities and targets in cooperation with functional team members across all functions within the local operation, monitors progress, and supports actions on deviations from targets.
- Training and coaching local teams in the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. 4Q) to develop organization capability to continuously improve business practices and performance.
- Conducting benchmarking and best practice spreading within the operations to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines, and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements.
- Assisting with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma/ B.E in Mechanical.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in quality function.
- Experience in casting, machining, welding, fabrication processes.
- Desirable – certified six sigma green belt.
- Desirable – Internal Auditor – ISO 9001.
- Candidate should be from light, medium or heavy engineering, electric, automobile, industrial equipment industry.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.