Position – Design Engineer
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company, Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of the two companies we offer a stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join a positive change.
Job Description Title : Engineer
Department : Engineering Department
Reports to : Team Lead, Product Engineering
Location : Alwar Rajasthan
The Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the Team Lead in planning, organization, and directing projects from concept through the design, prototype, manufacturing, and commissioning stages. They are also responsible for ensuring that work meets established internal quality standards as well as customer specifications.
- Support the Engineering team in the development and optimization of McCloskey International equipment product range.
- Execute the development of high standard manufacturing drawings in accordance with standards to accompany work instructions and quotations.
- Creating and maintaining 3D Models and 2D drawings of products for presentation, manufacture, and marketing.
- Create welding details for parts or assemblies on 2D Drawings as weldment drawings.
- Create 3D flat patterns, drawings, DXF, IGES, and PVZ files for sheet metal parts using Creo in line with manufacturing requirement
- Create 3D hydraulic hose routing, hose manufacture lists, and cable routings using Creo.
- Create an Engineering Bill of Materials for sub-assemblies using Pulse and Excel.
- Actively participate in concept generation for new product development activities.
- Work on improvement projects in conjunction with the Team lead, Engineering.
- Analyze the design and mechanical systems of current machines and use benchmarking to develop quality and efficiency.
- Preparation of detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the manufacturing and assembly of products.
- Actively participate in the continuous quality improvement process and lean manufacturing strategies.
- Act as a support function to other relevant departments on ongoing projects and existing product range.
- Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of Operations, based on business or customer requirements.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The successful applicant will hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years previous industry work experience in a related industry/product.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous 3D CAD experience essential, preferably using Pro-Engineer or Creo.
- 2D AutoCAD experience is advantageous.
- Excellent Engineering acumen required with good knowledge of manufacturing processes & their impact on part design.
- Good knowledge of sheet metal part design & development (manufacturing process) required
- Outstanding communication required with excellent written and verbal skills. Good command of English is necessary.
- Proven attention to detail and a strong team player with proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of departments.
- Problem solving and time management skills required.
- Self-motivated and organized.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec