Position – Engineer – Service tools
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Service > Global Service Operations, Quality & HSE > Service Tools
The Service Tools & Process Development is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes, and tools for the Transport, Installation, and Maintenance of our wind turbines worldwide. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
- Accountable for providing the most robust, reliable, efficient tooling design solution with the highest performance for the Manufacturing & Production of wind turbine components/assembly
- Accountable for understanding, clarifying, and reviewing tooling design specification, design verification & validation, and design risk associated in the manufacturing value chain
- Lead product development from concept and requirement specification to final verification of prototype and support the process development
- Drive process improvements with innovative solutions to deliver the projects more efficiently, regular workshops, SOA etc.
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization, and process efficiency improvements
- Drive knowledge sharing, train new employees & contribute to team competency building
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain
- Deliver the technical solution within the quality, time, and cost targets of the project.
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 yrs. (1-2 yrs. in Transport, Construction & Maintenance) experience in Product design in Heavy Engineering Industry
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliance with relevant international standards
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment
- In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, e.g. using CREO/ PDMLink and project execution through SAP/ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- Work experience in GD&T
- Work Experience/or Exposure to lifting tools and structures in an assembly Factory
- Knowledge on FEA (E.g. ANSYS/Pro-Mechanica)
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and e.g. insight into wind turbines, e.g. welding processes, and material properties
- Knowledge of Wind turbines & Heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
- Exposure or Experience with International engineering standards like ASME/EN/ISO etc.
- Exposure to CE marking/DFMEA/risk assessment etc. needed for product development
What We offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development possibilities in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 12th March 2024.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.