Position – TM/Line Incharge-TOOL Engineering
Company – Hero Moto Corp
Location – Gurugram, Haryana, IN
Function – Operations
Pay Band – E3 & below
As the Team Manager – of Tool Engineering you will be part of the Operations and will report to the Section Head – of Tool Engineering
The purpose of your role will be developing new products / new machine tooling and carrying out amendments in existing tooling to evolve a better life at minimal cost, besides generating performance reports of the Tool Engineering department accompanied by creating TPM (TM pillar) and other presentations for adherence. Occasionally managing re-grinding section as the need arises.
A purpose-driven role for you
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Generating performance report of Tool Engineering to the Plant/manufacturing head
- Generating presentations for TPM audits & Weekly review
- Execution of Tool Re-sharpening activity occasionally
- Impart improvements in tool drawings to ensure tool life enhancement & quality up in the product
- Adopt Cost control measures to achieve a “Tool cost” budget
- Implement Inventory control measures to achieve budgeted tool inventory year-on-year
- Upgrade the knowledge and skill level of Team members
A Day in the Life
- Developing new product / new machine tooling and carrying out amendments in existing tooling to evolve better life at minimal cost, besides generating performance reports of the Tool Engineering department accompanied by creating TPM (TM pillar) and other presentations for adherence. Occasionally managing re-grinding section as the need arises.
Academic Qualification & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-6 experience in tooling
- Experience in CAD/CAM software
- System knowledge of TPM,5S, DWM, etc.
- Knowledge of Machining
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Toolings
- Receptiveness in listening to customers and delivering results at once and always
- Strong communication skills
- Good coordination skills
- Delivering results
- Innovative thinking
What will it be like to work for Hero
As the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters for the last 22 years, Hero is where you will get to work with the brightest innovators, passionate about being the best in what they do. You will become a part of India’s proudest legacy, a brand that is celebrated by 110 million Indians and is now taking over the world with its manufacturing superpower. If you are someone who dreams big and goes after their dreams with absolute conviction, Hero is your place to be. At Hero, we are building a cutting-edge future of mobility, pushing frontiers of innovation and aiming for the very best. Choose to be with the best, choose to be your best.
Headquartered in New Delhi (India), Hero MotoCorp is the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters for 22 consecutive years. We are at the forefront of developing modern, technologically superior and eco-friendly mobility solutions for its millions of customers around the world.
Hero MotoCorp has rapidly transformed into a true multinational organization with a presence in 47 countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
We have achieved the coveted milestone of 110 million cumulative production and sales since inception. Aligned with its Vision “Be the Future of Mobility”, Hero MotoCorp plans to achieve its next 100 million sales by 2030.
We have a globally benchmarked manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D) ecosystem that is spread across global geographies. Its R&D facilities are located in India and Germany – the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) at Jaipur, India, and the Tech Centre Germany (TCG), near Munich. Hero MotoCorp’s eight ‘green’ manufacturing facilities are spread across India (6), Colombia (1) and Bangladesh (1).
Hero MotoCorp is the pre-eminent leader in the Indian two-wheeler market. It is the only motorcycle manufacturing company listed in Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
In 2022, Hero MotoCorp launched a separate brand for emerging mobility solutions, including Electric Vehicles (EV) – VIDA, Powered by Hero. VIDA has commenced sales of VIDA V1 – its first EV – in India and plans to launch the product in global markets.
We are one of the largest global corporate promoters of multiple sporting disciplines. Hero is globally associated with golf, football, field hockey, cricket and motorsports. Hero MotoSports Team Rally is one of India’s flag-bearers in global rally racing. The iconic golfer Tiger Woods is Hero MotoCorp’s Global Corporate Partner.
Read more about us.
Be with the best. Be your best. Catch up on all our latest openings.
Recruitment assessments – We at Hero are an equal opportunity employer and committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applications equally. Some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.