Position – Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Global Manufacturing > Engineering & Business Service Center > Mould,Process & Tooling Engineering
Mould, Process & Tooling Engineering Department is part of Engineering & Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for delivering Mould engineering related tasks (Mould skin layup, TE insert & Return flange moulds, Electrical heating layout) and Design support for Tools / Equipment for Cutting / Kitting / Stitching, Resin, Paint and Pre & Post process tooling for Blade factories. Also, this team is responsible for Tooling Technology Transfer activities on CPT, SWR, Resin tools, Finish and Paint tools and supporting Blade factories on (Post Gate 6) tooling Design improvements & Optimizations.
- Design & develop Drawings of B & C class Mechanical tools (Tooling Concepts and Design solutions)
- Testing and validation (FAT / SAT) of designed tools / jigs at supplier & factories during installation and sign off the documents
- Creating technical documents (User manuals, Risk assessment, Strength calculation, Load test certificate & CE Declarations etc)
- Onsite support during mockup/EMR builds for new design & Tech transfer projects implementation and validation
- Tooling design optimization, Improvements and concepts to reduce TAKT time / Eliminate the variance of process time from tool
- Assess tooling changes & Implement through ECM process during NPI / Tech Transfer phase
- Initiate and implement Quality Improvement, Cost out projects and other continuous improvements projects
- Bachelor’s / Masters in Engineering in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of working in Wind, Automotive, Manufacturing, Aeronautical & Heavy Engineering industries, Oil & Gas and CADD services/consultancy
- Skilled knowledge in Welding & Fabrication / Machining process
- Good experience in production tools / Jigs design and analysis by using design softwares (like AutoCAD, Solid works, CREO, CATIA, ANSYS, etc)
- Good understanding in GD&T, DFMEA and testing / validation of physical tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Quality mindset and capable to do a Risk assessment by using FMEA tools or equivalent
- Capable of driving/ continuous improvement projects with cross functional departments
- Knowledge in SAP ERP and Windchill
What We Offer
We offer an exciting workplace with high-quality professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st December 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels