Position – Engineer Supply Chain
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is an Engineer Supply Chain role, reporting to Procurement & Logistics Manager – in motion division located in Vadodara. Support regional/global sourcing initiatives either under the leadership of a regional/global category manager or independently if under a defined threshold. Purchase materials according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedure.
- Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval.
- Actively manage supplier portfolio (evaluation, classification) and run regular review meeting. Solve cost/quality/scheduling issues and Challenge suppliers regularly with detailed KPIs and Supplier Review Meetings.
- Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
- Set capacity enhancement targets for all category teams in scope based on business targets. Ensure target achievement according to the SCM/ Operational dashboard.
- Fosters communication internally, externally, and between different Functions and supports the implementation of PL activities and initiatives through this clear communication.
- B.E in Mechanical engineering.
- Should have minimum 3 years of experience.
- Experience in handling various commodities like Casting , forging , machining , welding , stamping , fabrication , Motor accessories etc.
- Must have good communication skills.
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.