Position – Asst. Manager- Customer Service
Company – Kennametal, Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Description for the position for Asst. Manager- Customer Service (MSG- Bangalore Plant)
Required Technical Experience (Mechanical):
- Should have hands on working experience of Special Purpose Machines & CNC General Purpose Machines & VTLs.
- Should have strong ability to read & understand Mechanical drawings.
- Should have strong ability to read & understand Hydraulic & Pneumatic circuits.
- Should have knowledge of Geometric test chart and alignment checking.
- Should have flair & ability for in-depth trouble shooting analysis of field problems.
- Should be conversant with QC tools, why-why analysis, root cause analysis, 8D analysis and problem reporting. Interact with CFTs like Designs and Assembly for CAPA.
- Should have knowledge of Cp/ Cpk study and its analysis.
- Must have hands on experience to commissioning of the different types of CNC & PLC controlled machines.
- Handle independently the field issues, customer complaints and servicing issues.
- Plan/ schedule preventive maintenance, shut down maintenance at customer’s site.
- Co-ordinate with CFTs- Designs, Assembly and Customer service for attending field complaints, spares requirement.
- Communicate with accessories suppliers to resolve problems related to their units’ problems/ quality issues etc.
- Attend break down calls on highest priority.
- B.E. (Mechanical/ Mechatronics) with minimum 4 years of total experience, out of which at least 2 years in machine tools industry.
- Diploma (Mechanical/ Mechatronics) with minimum 8 years of total experience, out of which at least 5 years’ experience in machine tool industry.
Preferred Experience (Electrical):
- Basic knowledge of Fanuc, Mitsubishi & Siemens CNC controls.
- Basic knowledge of PLCs like Siemens/Mitsubishi.
- Exposure of handling variable frequency drives like Control Technique, Mitsubishi, Siemens & Danfoss etc.
- Exposure on checking & editing PLC program for above controllers and make correction would be an added advantage.
Other important requirements:
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer