Position – Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Engineering & Business Service Center > Engineering > Technical & Operations support
Technical & Operations Support Department is part of Engineering & Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for promoting Wind Blade & Assembly process optimizations in relation to quality, cycle time, cost out projects, BOM and CoPQ reductions for serial production (Post Gate 6 products). This department is closely working with Central Blades PE, Blade Launch and Blade factories for Tech Transfer projects and engage with Technology (VPS) and ensures blade process and specifications maintained and optimized by delivering cutting files and production documents like control plan, QDA, PII and PWI as per Manufacturing baseline package guidelines and works on various continuous improvement projects to optimize Cycle time, NC reduction, COPQ and cost out projects.
- As an Engineer -you will act as process responsible and work in a cross functional team
- You will have to execute the production documents updating and maintenance for factories & site
- Ensure that products and processes comply with specifications. Ensure that BOM complies to specification and process.
- Influence any process that affects quality within the factory and push for, facilitate and support quality & continuous improvements
- Compare different product BOMs, variance analysis, standardization of BOM.
- Analyze BOM consumption details, posting/Bom updates error identification, consumption trend analysis.
- Continue to improve quality (Accountable for process quality indicators’ performance and analysis)
- Responsible for a systematic approach to problem solving by applying tools as 8D, DMAIC, 5×Why, PFMEA, etc., where reporting is a central part of the daily work
- Responsible for Engineering change management, performance and cycle time analysis, Engineering data reporting
- Technical support for internal and external Non-Conformity quality handling.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering in any of the following disciplines – Polymer / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Aerodynamics
- 2 to 6 years of working in Wind Industries, Engineering industries, Manufacturing, Automobile, Aeronautical Industries
- Ideal to be certified in AUTOCAD/CREO/ Six Sigma green belt / ISO 9001:2015 Auditor / VDA 6.3 certified auditor
- Experience in SAP ERP & Windchill Software
- Experience in PowerBI apps/ dashboard developments
- Must have good knowledge on blades manufacturing process
- Ability to solve the problems by using relevant methods and tools
- Capable to do a Risk assessment by using FMEA tools and coordinating Technical projects cross departments and cultures
- Experience in Engineering change management (ECM)
- Ability to Create & deliver solutions
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Knowledge in SAP ERP and Windchill
What We Offer
We offer a exciting workplace with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a well-known wind turbine manufacturer
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 15th July 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.