Position – Centrifugal Compressor Design Engineer
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Do you want to be part of a team that provides high-quality engineering for our customers?
Do you love designing products that will innovate?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team!
Our Industrial and Energy Technology (IET) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Engineering Transformation teamwork to improve the quality of our Engineering processes.
Partner with the best
As a CC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Positions requiring an understanding of concepts, methods, and procedures (technical bachelor’s degree). Lead requisition jobs of Flange-to-Flange Centrifugal compressors for Turbomachinery products working with internal & Global stakeholders.
As a CC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding customer requirements and design details for a project and preparing detailed calculations on machine selection, Rotor dynamics, thermodynamics, Performance calculations & followed by mechanical design of 2D cross-section of the machine on NX in line with our policies and standards.
- Working closely with all stake holders to understand the design details and finalize to have a standard machine to reduce cycle time
- Having strong basic mechanical Knowledge of Thermal , Materials, Geometric Dimension & Tolerance (GD&T) awareness, capability to perform hand calculations
- Reviewing the raw & machining drawings and releasing them in Team Center PLM.
- Releasing Engineering docs in the VDR domain to customers and other stakeholders as per requirements
- Working closely with counterparts and leadership to provide necessary support & quality deliverables to Customers in the VDR domain.
- Working on priority to meet the metrics of on-time delivery / Quality / Productivity. Work closely with suppliers in advance to meet the metrics.
- Developing automation abilities using digital tools and methods in order to produce faster and better outputs
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have BE/BTech OR ME/MTech in Mechanical/Turbomachinery Engineering with a minimum of 0 to 10 years of designing experience in turbomachinery products and systems.
- Have hands-on experience in Thermodynamic & Rotor-dynamics calculation for Turbomachinery products
- Have experience in Oil & Gas Domain working closely with customers.
- Have experience in Compressor, Expander design knowledge with experience resolving customer issues
- Have a technical background in centrifugal compressors oriented toward the understanding of the P&I structure/base logic system.
- Be able to bring new improvements in process, design & Cycle time reduction to be compliant with quality & business requirements.
- Have engineering effort knowledge to evaluate/manage standard requirements (when needed)
- Have well committed to the target i.e., critical issue/workload pick to be managed in a very short time
- Have expertise in Tools: UG Nx and Team Center.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.